Understanding the problem
To identify the opportunity first I had to understand what could be improved with the current homepage. I set out to understand the problems in more detail. To do this I ran customer surveys, digged into website analytics, held in-person user testing sessions, and organised alignment meetings with key stakeholders.
Concept and validation
Next was to take the key learnings and apply to the design phase. First starting wide I designed multiple iterations and tested through usability testing and internal feedback sessions. Then defined the design through each iteration.
Once all the stakeholders were happy with the direction. I worked closely with other functions within the company to develop the webpage further. Working with the Brand team on customer photography and illustration, the Comparison team to embed the "Compare to your bank" table, and the regional teams to make sure all content was relevant to all market.
Develop and test
Next was to work closely with Engineers to deliver the final website. As this page touched multiple teams I worked closely with multiple engineers to deliver the final webpage. The page was fully tested on multiple devices (web & mobile) before release. Once the page was live I worked closely with the analysts to understand the results of the new homepage, and where we had the opportunity to increase the impact of the page.
The final design can be seen below.